Friday, July 8, 2011

The Invitations

We're going to have about 70 people with us at our wedding... I'm trying to figure out how many invitations we need to get printed up (and then I figure I'll add 10 to that number, just to be safe), so I need to write out our guest list and see how many families we'll be sending these out to. I was thinking of ordering 80 invitations but then realized that wold be way too many. So, here's a sneak preview of our guest list.
  1. Diane's Mom
  2. Diane's Dad
  3. Michelle
  4. Michelle's +1 guest
  5. Andrew's Mom
  6. Jim
  7. Andrew's Dad
  8. Carol
  9. Jason
  10. Sara
  11. Matthew
  12. Matthew's +1 guest
  13. Papa Baba
  14. Tika Baba
  15. Jim's mom
  16. Uncle Eddie
  17. Aunt Josie
  18. Uncle George
  19. Aunt Boo
  20. Aunt Maryann
  21. Aunt Barbara
  22. Gramma
  23. Aunt Susie
  24. Uncle Jim
  25. Uncle Kris
  26. Aunt Nancy
  27. Uncle Paul
  28. Aunt Kris
  29. Memere
  30. Kay
  31. Aunt Helen
  32. Uncle Ken
  33. Uncle Tom
  34. Aunt Roz
  35. Aunt Mary
  36. Uncle George
  37. Aunt Joan
  38. Uncle Jacques
  39. Uncle Mike
  40. Aunt Rose
  41. Aunt Ann
  42. Uncle Jeff
  43. Alysha
  44. Mike
  45. Jason
  46. Kris
  47. Dave
  48. Dave's Mom
  49. Dave's Dad
  50. Joey
  51. Frank
  52. Zeke
  53. Jordan
  54. Jeanette
  55. Dawn
  56. Ajahn
  57. Phap Chan
  58. Alex Gordon
  59. Alex's +1 guest
  60. Robbie
  61. Jessica
  62. Elijah
  63. Ann
  64. Kelly
  65. Jordan
  66. Heather
  67. Alicia
  68. Marisa
  69. Taylor
  70. Ines

We might be giving out a few more +1 guest options to our friends and to the bridesmaids and groomsmen, so I guess we could add like 5 to the number there and say 75 guests, approximately, will be invited. But, counting it out, there will only be about 44 invitations needed for the entire group because a lot of our guests (other than our single friends) are grouped in two's (Aunt & Uncle, Mom & Dad, etcetera). I'm thinking it would be best to order 60 invitations, since we might decide to invite some more people if space opens up, or if we mess something up it would be good to have extras, or just because we might want to save some. The things is, the printing company doesn't offer invitations in groups of 5's so we could either order 40, 50, 60, 70, or so on... and I don't think ordering 50 would be a good idea, seeing as how that only leaves us a few extras. So it seems like 60 invitations will be the final count.

The place I'm thinking of ordering from would charge $30.22 to print 60 invitations (with 60 white envelopes included), and they would charge $5.99 for 48 personalized envelope seals. Altogether that would come out to just around $36 (before shipping, without any coupon codes)... which really isn't all that bad for wedding invitations. I'd even splurge on the envelope seals (they just seem so... fancy) because the price is so unbelievably low that I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it. From the "cheap" wedding invitation sites I've seen, most invitations cost you upwards of $150. And that's just for the cheap ones.

So yeah, 60 invitations & envelopes plus 48 envelope seals, all 100% designed by yours truly and printed for under $40? I think we're going to go for it.

No comments: