Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Proposal

Andrew officially proposed to me yesterday afternoon. It's kind of funny, I got my first proposal on the first day of April and my second, more "official" proposal on the last day of April. Here's how it went down:

It was a beautiful day. Andrew came over at around 11am and we planned on spending the entire day together (which we did, and it was wonderful... we hadn't seen each other in a week so it was especially nice spending an entire day with him) doing whatever. We were supposed to go pick up my ring but Andrew told me that he had called Hannoush and they had said it still wasn't ready so they'd call him when it came in so instead we went out to breakfast at IHOP and went back to the house to watch a movie. Breakfast was good and we had a lot of fun but I couldn't wait to get back home and just rest downstairs/watch the movie. (I was pretty exhausted from the night before because we had played a show in Waterbury and didn't get home until 2:30am... we got paid $10 for the night. Oh yeah...)

Anyway, the movie he brought over was called Dune and it was apparently the inspiration for George Lucas to write Star Wars so I agreed to watch it. We watched about 90 minutes (it's split up into three 90-minute segments and I refused to watch any more at one sitting... it was a bit too much for me to handle) and Andrew kept on insisting that he wanted to go on a walk. Eventually he coaxed me out of the basement and we were going to go to the gas station for him to get iced tea although I had told him we had iced tea at our house in the fridge, but he wanted to go out instead to get it so I went along with him. Then he decided that he'd rather go to Dunkin' Donuts to get something there so we went to Dunkin' Donuts instead.

He got a Mountain Dew coolata and I didn't get anything. We sat outside on the bench where we had sat when we first met, and out of his pocket came a little white box (with my ring inside). He asked me to marry him and I said yes - then I tried on the ring and it didn't fit. Just my luck! So we went to the mall to have it resized, and that was that. They say it should come in around Mother's Day, so we'll go pick it up then. It's beautiful, it really is. One of these days I'll get around to taking a picture of it and I'll upload it for all the world to see!

No comments: