Monday, April 18, 2011

A Lot of Possibles

Yesterday was a strange, split-up kind of day. Andrew came over at 9am and left at 11am to go to his meditation retreat up in Massachusetts and then he came back to my house at 8:30pm and stayed 'til 10:30pm when he left to go to his friend Joey's house in New Britain. So I saw him for a collective four hours, which ain't too shabby (especially when you consider how little I've seen him lately), but still I prefer to see my Andrew a little more than just a few hours a day, especially when I only see him a few days a week.

Last week I didn't see him Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. On Friday he picked me up and we went to see The Conspirator with his Dad and Carol in Plainville and then he brought me back home by 10pm and left to finish his schoolwork and hang out with Dave. Saturday was Subway's Customer Appreciation Day (buy one get one free foot-long sandwiches) so he, Robbie and Michelle worked all day. I saw him from about 10am until 2pm on Saturday before he left for work and we watched some of The Fifth Element in my basement and then we just talked. And then yesterday was the split-up day that I already explained.

That means in this entire past week I only saw Andrew for a combined 12 hours (and, really, I wouldn't consider Friday as "seeing" him because we saw a movie and that was that). I don't like this whole us-never-seeing-each-other-anymore thing but our schedules are busy and they aren't matching up too well. Mondays and Wednesdays I've got practice after work, Tuesdays he's got his Dharma Punx Meditation Group (which I try to go to as often as possible), Thursdays he goes to a Buddhist temple in Vernon and I hang out with Michelle and my cousin Alysha, Saturdays I've got full-day practice with the band (if we're not packing up to go play a show somewhere, as will be the case this Saturday when we head up to play another show at Valentine's in Albany, NY) and he's got an alternating schedule of going to Carmel, NY for his Buddhist class or (now) going up to Newton, MA for his volunteer work of teaching meditation at some prison for the clinically insane (or something like that, I don't know what the PC term is for them but I know that they are in prison and they've got mental issues). That leaves us Friday night and Sunday, but then again there's always Andrew's job (gotta love Subway) and he usually works on Sundays and sometimes on Friday nights. Andrew assures me that once this semester is done we'll see more of each other, and I sure hope he's right. Because this is just not cool.

We used to see each other almost every night (which, I'll admit, is probably a bit too much) but not it seems like we hardly see each other at all. And when we do it's usually only for a short time or it's rushed or we do things like go to the movies instead of actually see each other.

Last night we actually talked (briefly) about our wedding - where it'll be, when, how many people. We've narrowed it down to possibly a backyard somewhere, in the summer (possibly June), and around 100 people (possibly less). And that's about that. A lot of possibles; nothing set in stone. I can't wait until we have some time when we can actually plan this all out together. Maybe next Sunday, if he doesn't have work.

No comments: