BORDERS IS CLOSING!
No, I'm not insanely happy that they're closing (caps lock was actually just stuck on and I didn't bother trying to get it off, the shift key on my keyboard gets stuck down half the time so sometimes I type things and they come out all LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS AND CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE THIS). Anyway, Borders is closing. There are only a few more days until they're completely out of business. All the books are at least 60% off and they'll keep going down in price until they close the doors on that last day. It's bad for the company, obviously, but good for cheap people like myself. I mean, 60% off - that's a pretty darn good discount right there.
I'm not a spender... usually. But with all these books on such a good sale, well, I had to check it out. And I ended up getting a good number of good books for really cheap. I haven't read any of them yet (I skimmed through them in the store and on the way home) but I'm very happy with my purchases - I mean, four books for just $15! What a steal!
My mom bought me a wedding organization/planner book for $10 (originally $25) that looks very, very, very helpful. A lot of it won't apply to my wedding (there's pages about caterers and DJs and bands and venues and all these other services and expenses we won't have to deal with) but there's so much helpful information and organization tools that it'll still be worth every penny. I bought a small 16-month wedding planning calendar book that also is supposed to help with wedding planning, week by week. I believe it cost me $4 (originally $10).
I bought this really cool book called The DIY Wedding ($6 on sale) that I plan on reading ASAP (it has a ton of projects and ways to cut down on costs and make your wedding completely DIY and unique to you, which I think is awesome) and then two quiz books - one about the bride-to-be and one about the groom-to-be that each gets to answer. They're kind of like Mad-Libs in a way but more set up like a fun (yet informative) quiz about the person you're going to be marrying. They were $2.50 each.
I'll write an article about how the books once I read them (or use them, depending on the book... really only one is a "reading" book and the others are more "planning" books or "fun" books as it turns out). So that's my super-eventful Borders shopping extravaganza. Pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment